Among other things in my bag, here are 8 interesting items.
1. 20 signed/numbered books to be hidden. Pretty important. It’s the one reason I’m going on this trip.
2. Cruel Radiance: photography and political violence. A very interesting read. This book is Susie Linfield’s response to Susan Sontag’s ‘on photography.’ a critic who speaks positively about documentary photography & photojournalism, how refreshing.
3. Go-pro helmet cam with chest strap. I want to film the process of hiding books.
4. Audio recorder to get ambient sounds and any interesting people I come across who I can talk to.
5. Journal & pen, well of course. I need to document everything with the written word.
6. Memory cards for the go-pro, audio recorder and point-shoot camera.
7. Nikon P310 point-shoot for night street shooting.
8. Mophie juice pack, an iPhone charger just in case I can’t find an outlet.